DUE TO THE COVID-19, THE FIRE PREVENTION BUREAU'S PHYSICAL OFFICE IS CLOSED THROUGH AT LEAST MAY 31, 2020. STAFF, HOWEVER, IS WORKING WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF THE COUNTY'S SHELTER-IN-PLACE ORDER TO MEET CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY NEEDS.
Staff is primarily working from home and is available by phone/voicemail and email. Field inspections for construction projects are being conducted.
Annual inspections are on hold at this time.
Both Livermore and Pleasanton are only accepting construction plans electronically.
The Alameda County Shelter-in-Place order now allows all construction project to proceed as long as the Construction Project Safety Protocols are followed.
LPFD has established inspection protocols for construction inspections. Inspections will be terminated if these protocols are not followed.
The State Fire Marshal has issued a statement on the inspection, testing and maintenance of fire and life safety systems (automatic fire suppression, fire alarm systems, etc.)
The FPB program works to ensure compliance with minimum standards contained in:
- the California Fire Code
- portions of the California Building, Electrical, and Mechanical Codes
- the fire safety provisions of Title 19 of the California Code of Regulations.
- The Unified Program (CUPA)
We are located at:
3560 Nevada St., Pleasanton CA 94566
Main Phone Number: 925-454-2361
Fire Prevention Staff Contact Information
- Standards and Handouts
- Plan review and construction services
- Businesses in the community
- Property management
- Residents and general public
- Annual Vegetation Management program
- Special Events (including tents)